Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

Art is

I went to see a contemporary art exhibition yesterday. Now, I'm first and foremost a lover of expressionists like Chagall or impressionist like Renoir, but that love is mainly about passive appreciation and admiration. Looking at contemporary art, on the other hand, is rarely as enjoyable, but it definitely kicks my own creativity into gear.




As a result, I'm now in that slightly pretentious, artsy mood where I just want to listen to Scarlett Johansson while being crafty. Right now I'm crocheting hippie-ish beaded bracelets and stitching together decorative hearts with little trinkets and words on them. Just because it's fun to actually create something, not because I actually know what to do with my creations. Oh, and I'm listening to Falling down on repeat. Anyway, it's a very nice way to spend a sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment