Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Coffee and sunglasses

February gave way to March, and just like that, spring arrived. On the evening of the first of March, a strange, dense fog enveloped the whole town. It was a night of odd coincidences and unexpected encounters, and it made me think of a play I was in where we used artificial fog to distract the audience during scenery changes on stage.




The scenery change thing turned out to be a pretty apt metaphor, because the next morning the dreary February weather was replaced by blue skies and bright sunshine. Since then, I’ve not left home without my beloved tortoiseshell (extremely fake) Raybans and my floral wellies, and the sun stays up for longer each day, as a promise of the white nights of June. March is off to a lovely start.

Lent is going surprisingly well - the only sweet thing I treat myself to is some sugary, milky coffee every now and then. I’m doing pretty good with my writing too: Right now I'm happily submerged in a particularly theory-heavy chapter, a cup of aforementioned coffee next to me. Tomorrow I'll hop on the train to my still-wintery home town for a long weekend of family celebrations and reunions with childhood friends.

(No, not really. But I do love that quote.)



Whishing you all a beautiful month of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment